Leaving Heart Internet

This area is for Heart Internet Resellers and people interested in signing up with them. Hopefuly we can answer your questions here.

Moderators: jthspace, maximus, m8internet, ukdzine

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Leaving Heart Internet

Post by maximus » Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm

As you can see this section has not been updated for some time. That was partly due to the forum being offline but also because I left Heart Internet due to their poor customer service at the time and also because of price.

Since being taken over by Host Europe the service at Heart Internet basically dropped like a stone. They seemed to be taking a leaf out of the 1&1 Hosting book of how to run a hosting business. Spend all your money on glossy advertising and as little as possible on customer support. See what you can get away with seems to have been the order of the day.

So after endless problems and sometimes waiting up to five days for a response to a ticket I finally had to do what was best for my customers and pull the plug on Heart Internet. It was not a decision made lightly. As some of you reading this will know, moving hundreds of sites from one host to another is not something most of us ever want to be doing. To put it mildly, it's a bit of a nightmare!

However, thanks to the wonderful chaps at my new server hosting providers it all went fairly smoothly. Migrating from the VPS was not too bad as I was able to package up most sites including email and transfer them intact. Moving from the shared server was the real headache because of course the email needed to be migrated separately from the sites themselves. This was more time consuming than anything so I did it over the course of a couple of months.

The only things I have with Heart Internet now are some domains but they are fine for that. I don't think I could ever be tempted to host a site with them again though.

So the question is, should I keep this Heart Internet Users Group section alive on the forum? Will leave it a few weeks and see but if there is no activity I will take it down. I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the web where Heart Internet is discussed ;)

Maximus
Site Admin