Templates

This section is the support area for customers of Key Software. If you have a problem with an order please feel free to discuss it here.

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

robbo
PcMacZone Member
PcMacZone Member
Great Britain

Templates

Post by robbo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:20 am

Right, what I'm planning in doing is getting one of the templates from TGC, would I be able to link it up to my forum, ( which i have deleted once again, I know what I'm going to do with my site now), and is it easy just to transfer the files into my host server folders, Might get one when I'm off and get my site up and running for after the new year.
CAn't get much done on this pc as it is my works pc and is pretty pish, not got any admin rights to it, so it is very very limited in what i can do on it, :x

cheers Robbo

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:54 pm

Are you talking about the phpnuke templates or the html/flash templates? It depends on what you want to do.

You could use a html/flash template and then link to a phpBB forum within it. Or have a forum open seperatly. Or you could just use a phpnuke template and replace the standard nuke interface. Whatever you want to do i'll be happy to help out :)
Maximus
Site Admin

robbo
PcMacZone Member
PcMacZone Member
Great Britain

Post by robbo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:26 pm

I was thinking about the html/flash ones and having a seperate forum opening up, dont know if i would do phpbb, since i saw that santy worm hit a another board i use and the owner was really pissed off about it.

Actually thinking bout getting the template 6498, which looks quite good, going to base my site on myself, starting to dj and going to produce my own sounds, been wanting to do that for a while. But no time to do it off on this rig. I posted the TGC site on another site and got a good response from there about it.

Plus any help would be appreciated in getting it up and running,mate, cheers

robbo
PcMacZone Member
PcMacZone Member
Great Britain

Post by robbo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:32 pm

Would you be able to link the html up to a phpnuke board instead of phpbb. Should have posted that with the other post, :oops:

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:33 am

Well of course you don't have to use phpBB. There are other free boards about that you can use. Ikonboard and Invision are two i can think of.

Wouldn't be a problem linking to any of those :)
Maximus
Site Admin

robbo
PcMacZone Member
PcMacZone Member
Great Britain

Post by robbo » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:59 am

nice one, the invision board looks good as one of the the board which is a record label board uses it as well. Well, nearly Xmas and only thing i'll eb doing is lougning abotu on this rig since we get the day off and a few games of pool and snooker will be getting palyed.