Email question

This section is the support area for customers of Key Software. If you have a problem with an order please feel free to discuss it here.

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Email question

Post by jthspace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 pm

OK, here is the issue.

I have my mail outgoing set up on my phone as Mail.websitename.com and, on Three, outgoing mail fails.

This has just started.

On Wifi, the mail will go out OK, so this points to Three being the problem.

Phoned three and they gave me a new SMTP entry, SMTP-something.three.co.uk and I can send mail fine when connected to Three. If I use wireless, sendings fail.

Three will NOT recognise that they are blocking my outgoing Mail.websitename.com

This was second line support. Anyone got either an escalation contact or number or any other ideas.

At the moment, I have had to buy a PAYG Virgin sim and use a blackberry for my emails, which is fine but it is costing me £10 per month for BB service, 100 minutes and a Gig of data - cheap but unnecessary.

If Three has got a spam list with Heart ip addresses on it, is it down to Heart to sort out? Three are saying they buy the lists in and it is not their proble, but Hearts.

Jeff

m8internet

Re: Email question

Post by m8internet » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:32 pm

You may need to use the outgoing SMTP settings that apply to the connected network
Many ISP use this to prevent relaying on their mail server

So if your device is connected to WiFi then you need to use the SMTP settings of the network (such as Virgin Media, etc)

For this reason I have duplicate accounts, one for each connection network; WiFi, Three, and Virgin Media

There is no issue with incoming email
Professional website hosting
m8internet.com

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks, that is what Three gave me - my only "annoyance" is that for 30 months since I got Three, it has never been a problem, only in the last two weeks or so. Oh well, just have to suffer . . .

ATB

Jeff

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 pm

It's Three that are the problem here. I have a total of 27 email accounts with Heart Internet, BT and Google. None of them are blocked either using my mobile (Galaxy S3 on Vodaphone) or wireless at home or through a hot spot.

If you can send fine through wireless using your normal email address but cannot send using the same email address through your mobile network that sort of narrows it down a little. Your connected via different ip addresses but sending through the same mail server. Therefore it's not the mail server ip address that is blocked (Heart Internet) and it's not your home network or whatever wi-fi your connecting through. It's the sending ip address of the phone that is being blocked and that, is down to Three. Had the same problem with them myself so am well aware of the issues.
Maximus
Site Admin