Mobile Phone Unlocking/Jail Breaking

Sat Nav Devices & Software, Mobile Phone Hardware/Software/Unlocking etc. PPC/PDA

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Mobile Phone Unlocking/Jail Breaking

Post by maximus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:03 pm

If anyone has any info on unlocking mobile phones or jail breaking the big A ;) feel free to post it here. I should however point out that you follow any instructions, links etc at your own risk.

I also won't be held responsible for any information posted here. All posts are the responsibility of the person posting the information.

Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 am

Its very easy but get it wrong and people have bricks. If you read the instructions, read them again. go make a coffee, read them again THEN jailbrteak it works every time. Don't RTFM and you are in trouble.

When I get access to a computer, I will post some info (typing this on a G1 phone)

Jeff

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks Jeff. I think some info may have been posted before but I wanted to get it all in one place. I could of course open a separate Mobile Phone specific section if anyone thinks it might be a good idea?
Maximus
Site Admin

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Mobile Phone Unlocking/Jail Breaking

Post by maximus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Any news on the latest Jailbreak for the iphone? Not up to date on all this myself so not sure if you can jailbreak an iPhone4 or if the latest iOS is able to be jailbroken ? Any info much appreciated :)
Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Yes, latest iPhone iPad 4.3 can be jail broken but tethered, if you switch off and on, you lose the jailbreak. The untethered fix may be out this week or next.

4.2 on iPhone iPad and apple tv can be jail broken with Greenpois0n r6. Note spelling of word. Jail broke the apple tv box last weekend. No problems at all. My iPhone 4.1 and iPad 4.2 are jail broken

Unlocking for any sim is more problematic. Best way, but pricey, is to get official unlock via carrier and iTunes. Anything from £40 to £120 depending on carrier, phone model.

Hope this helps

Jeff

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&bi ... 0&aql=&oq=

http://www.redmondpie.com/

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am

The following instructions will help you jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 2G/3G/4G, iPad and Apple TV 2G using GreenPois0n.

NOTE: If your iPhone relies on an unlock, do not update to iOS 4.2.1
You will need:

Greenp0ison: http://www.greenpois0n.com/

Instructions:
Step 1: Download GreenPois0n from the above link and start it.

Step 2: Connect your iPhone via USB to your computer and click on “Jailbreak”

Step 3: Now follow the following onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode:
This needs a bit of practice, so dont worry if it doesnt work forst time.
The Apple TV is a bit more fiddly, but you will get there in the end!

Step 4: GreenPois0n will now start “Jailbreaking” your iOS device untethered on 4.2.1.

Step 5: Your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch should now be successfully jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1. Now start “Loader” found on the homescreen and install Cydia.

When 4.3 untethered is out and proved to be working, I will post. Early releases often lead to other troubles, so do not jump and be the first!