ed for assignment on June 24. The 26-y

Sat Nav Devices & Software, Mobile Phone Hardware/Software/Unlocking etc. PPC/PDA

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

lw789
Bangladesh

ed for assignment on June 24. The 26-y

Post by lw789 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:04 am

PARIS – Eugenie Bouchard could downplay expectations. Nobody would blame her. Shes only 20-years-old after all and playing in just her second French Open. But when asked what would need to happen to make her campaign at Roland Garros this season a success, Canadas rising star doesnt hold back. "To win it," Bouchard said, her own boldness yielding a laugh. But, make no mistake, she is dead serious. "I always expect high things of myself and Ive been working so hard for so many years that nothing is a real surprise to me and I have big ambitions in tennis. I want to achieve great things." Bouchard certainly isnt lacking confidence. She showed that during a magical run to the Australian Open semifinals in January. But Bouchard has a specific reason to have a hop in her step these days. On Saturday, she beat Karolina Pliskova in the championship match of the Nuremberg Cup, earning her first career WTA title. "Just so happy," said Bouchard describing the emotions in the moments after match point. "To go to a city and leave and not lose a match and win all the matches is something special." Bouchard almost didnt play in the tournament. Most top players will not travel to an event in the week before a grand slam choosing instead to rest, practice and arrive at the venue early. But after disappointing first-round straight-set losses at tune-up events in Madrid (v No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska) and Rome (v No. 61 Francesca Schiavone) Bouchard was convinced that playing more was the best way to prep for the seasons second major. "We were debating whether to even come to Nuremberg and I said, You know what? I want to play matches. I want to keep trying and keep working. We got here early and practiced. It was pretty cold early in the week, it was tough practices, tough conditions, but I kept working hard and Im proud of myself for that. When you work hard good things happen. I think thats what happened this week." That Bouchards first career championship came on clay is a bit of a surprise. It is not her favourite surface. "My game is pretty aggressive, so I like to step in and control the point and the clay just slows it up a little bit, but its a good thing. It teaches me patience ... sometimes Im not so patient. "It adds different dimensions to your game and if I can perform well on clay it will show myself that I can have a well-rounded game." Last year Bouchards run at the French Open ended in the second round at the hands of eventual finalist Maria Sharapova. It was a tough loss (6-2, 6-4), but one that made the Montreal native stronger. "I think it helps for sure. I got to play on centre court, experienced a rain delay, my match was over two days and its all part of the experience. I always enjoy the chance to play one of the great players and I always learn so much. Ive learned from that match." Bouchard wont have to deal with Sharapova or any other top name early in the tournament this time around. Thats one of the perks of being the 18th seed. Bouchard will open against 86th ranked Israeli Shahar Peer, who has lost all three matches to the Canadian in her career including one in March (6-2, 6-2 in Acapulco). Waiting in the second round should Bouchard advance will be either German Julia Goerges or Portugals Michelle Larcher De Brito. Both are outside the top 100 in the latest rankings. The third round is when things may get tougher as No. 12 Flavia Pennetta would be a formidable roadblock, but far from unbeatable. But first things first: Bouchard needs to get settled in France. One negative repercussion from playing in the week before a slam is that it makes for a tight turnaround. There was a 90-minute flight from Nuremberg to Paris on Saturday night followed by a practice on Sunday. Bouchards match against Peer is set for Monday. Although theres actually a chance the short rest time may be a good thing. "I always like playing matches so, for me, the more I can play the better. I can get in a rhythm of playing competitive matches and I think it gives me extra confidence." Extra confidence? Not a fun thought for those in Bouchards section of the draw. Toni Kroos Jersey . Smith, who raised eyebrows at the CFL combine in March with his ability on both sides of the ball, confirmed in a statement he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol prior to auditioning for league officials. Marc-Andre ter Stegen Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan looks at a Wild team that has a nice mix of proven veterans along with young, inexpensive talent on the rise. When the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, making a big splash in the summer of 2012, it set the franchise on a path to being more competitive, but a big reason that they have been so competitive is the contributions of young players who still have more to give. http://www.germanysoccerpro.com/Sandro- ... ny-Jersey/. The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Julian Draxler Jersey .C. -- Authorities say the brother of Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has been shot and killed outside a South Carolina nightclub. Matthias Ginter Jersey .Under the agreement announced Monday, the Cuban defector is guaranteed $68.5 million over six seasons.Tomas gets a $14 million signing bonus that is payable within 30 days of the deals approval by Major League Baseball, and then salaries of $2 million next year, $4 million in 2016, $6 million in 2017 and $10 million in 2018.MINNEAPOLIS - Raul Ibanezs first opportunity to be an everyday major league player came with the Kansas City Royals. Returning to the Royals more than a decade later, his hope is for another experience: post-season play. The Royals signed the 42-year-old Ibanez Monday, nine days after he was released by the Los Angeles Angels. "Its been in the works for a while. I was really excited about the opportunity to come here. I like the makeup of the club, and I like the possibilities. Theyre endless," Ibanez said in Minnesota before the Royals played the Twins. "Theres a great opportunity to do some special things here." The Royals entered Monday 3 1/2 games behind first-place Detroit in the AL Central and 1 1/2 games out of a wild-card spot. Manager Ned Yost said hell probably play Ibanez in the outfield, at first base and as the designated hitter. "Hes what we call a professional hitter," Yost said. "So we think hes going to be a big addition to our team." Ibanez, the second-oldest active player in the majors behind Clevelands Jason Giambi, who is on the disabled list, batted just .157 in 57 games for the Angels. Though 10 of his 26 hits were for extra bases, he said his balance was "totally off" at the plate. "Im just going to be myself and try to help this team any way I can," Ibanez said. This is his fifth team since 2011. Ibanez hit 29 home runs just last year for Seattlee, the team that he broke in with in 1996.dddddddddddd He didnt regularly crack the lineup until joining the Royals in 2001, and in 2002 he had his breakout year with a .294 batting average, 37 doubles, 24 home runs and 103 RBIs in 137 games. "I have some very fond memories of the city. My son was born in Kansas City. Nothing would please me more than to be part of something that hasnt been done here in a long time, and thats getting into the post-season," Ibanez said. "Ive been in from the other side, and when youre playing against them you look at that team and you realize how far the organization has come and how much progress theyve made." The Royals made several moves Monday. Ibanez and infielder Christian Colon were added to the roster, and infielder Pedro Ciriaco and outfielder Justin Maxwell were designated for assignment. Colon was recalled from Triple-A. The fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft was batting .296 with 48 runs, 14 doubles and 14 steals in 74 games for Omaha. Yost said Colon will play second base, shortstop and third base. Kansas City also traded left-hander Donnie Joseph to the Miami Marlins for cash. He was designated for assignment on June 24. The 26-year-old Joseph pitched in one game for Kansas City this season, getting two outs on June 16 in Detroit. The Royals got him during the 2012 season in a trade that sent reliever Jonathan Broxton to Cincinnati. Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '