Anything to do with large screen TV's, Freesat, Sky, BluRay etc

Moderators: bob, jthspace

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Hannspree 32" LCD JT01-32E2

Post by maximus » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:27 pm

After much prevaricating over the last six months I finally managed to get myself a flat panel tv. I was originally going to spend around £6-700 on one but as is often the case something cropped up to suck away my tv budget. In the end I decided to take a chance and buy the Hannspree 32" JT01 32E2 for the paltry sum of just under £300.

I have to say this has been a very pleasant surprise so far. Considering it comes with a 2 year on site warranty, has no dead pixels, looks a lot more expensive than it is and is well equipped with 2 hdmi's, 2 scart and component and vga inputs it's a bit of a bargain. Standard definition broadcasts like Sky and Freeview are the same quality as any Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic or Toshiba....and I know because I have been checking them out for such a long time that I am well acquainted with the picture quality on all of them. As with all the big names the quality of SD pictures is entirely dependent on the source. Some digital channels are broadcast at a higher bit rate than others and on these it's almost dvd quality. Other channels with a lower bit rate will be slightly pixelated and this is to be expected.

I just hooked up an old Xbox out of curiosity and it's superb...not in the same HD league as the 360 or PS3 of course but still, gaming was definitely made for the big screen :)

I don't have any HD source to check the quality with at the moment but from what I have heard from others it's excellent. I may pick up a HD player over the weekend or at the very least an upscaling dvd player. The Upscaling will make a big difference to the dvd quality and also improve the
SD picture quality from Sky.

In short then. If your looking to get into the flat panel tv scene and don't have much money to throw at it right now then I can highly recommend the Hannspree JT01 :)

Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Well done mate! Someone at work has bought one of these based on the link I put on the site, just ordered this week and awaiting delivery.

Glad you are happy with your purchase, I know that you have been looking carefully at the whole issue of LCD screens over the last few months and its great news you have got a screen that meets all your requirements at such a good price.

Just need to convince people to broadcast something worth watching that isn't a 1990's US crime drama nor a repeat!

Just a plug - the Bargain Section rules!

Jeff

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:23 pm

Just watched The Tudor's and picture was fantastic! Just goes to show, it does really depend on the source.

If I can persuade myself to buy a HD player tomorrow I'll report back on that.

Bargain section is definitely the place to be! ;)
Maximus
Site Admin