Anything to do with large screen TV's, Freesat, Sky, BluRay etc

Moderators: bob, jthspace

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

LG announces new range of 3DTVs, and Q&A video

Post by maximus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 pm

LG will be launching a new range of passive glasses powered 3DTVs which will be on sale in April 2011.

According to a report on the Inquirer, at the unveiling of an interactive Q&A promotional video, LG confirmed it would be unleashing a new range of 32 to 55 inch 3DTVs.

The promotional video itself is up on the LG site here, and it stars comedy duo Tim Key and Lloyd Wolf (and was directed by Richard Ayoade, Moss from the IT Crowd). The idea is you can type in any questions you have regarding 3DTV – such as the difference between active and passive glasses – and the pair will give you an answer.

Or you can type in amusing phrases such as “strip” or “kill” to see some funny responses – it’s much like the Tippex YouTube interactive video with the bear, except a bit more serious this time.

Apparently there’s a hidden scene within the video which is shown by asking the right question, and the first person to do so will win themselves a 3D package. Sounds like a good excuse to start typing in “LG is great” (that one didn’t work) and a thousand and one similar creepy variations in an attempt to bag yourself a 3D set.

Right, back to it… “LG rules”, perhaps?

Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Re: LG announces new range of 3DTVs, and Q&A video

Post by jthspace » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 pm

So, has anyone got a 3D TV yet? Sky estimate there are 75,000 sets looking at their channel, estimate 100,000 by the end of the year and 500,000 by this time next year.

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: LG announces new range of 3DTVs, and Q&A video

Post by maximus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm

I "thought" about getting one but considering no one seems to have settled on a standard and there is the prospect of glasses free 3D tv just around the corner I can't see the sense in buying right now. I would also need to replace my new Sony Blu Ray player so I'm not keen on wasting that money so soon.

Anyway, there are some great deals about at the moment on LED backlit tv's and I think that's the direction we will go and then upgrade to 3D when all the dust has settled and there is a industry wide standard.
Maximus
Site Admin