My past and current bikes

Post your pics and info here

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

jellywobbles

My past and current bikes

Post by jellywobbles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:04 pm

OK - here's my youngest daughter on my 1st bike - after a gap of 40 years! Its a Jinlun 125-11.

Passed test & went on to a Hyosung Gv250 - a Harley look-alike. Fabulous bike - very fast for a 250cc. I had some custom decals made "Hardly-A-Davison" - surprising just how many Harley owners commented "What a great bike!"

My current bike is below:-

Hope I haven't bored you "non bikers" too much!

Cheers :)

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Sasha's 125 Cruiser :)

Post by maximus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Very nice looking bikes. How did you find that Jinlun 125-11?, smooth? slow? Isn't that engine based on the one in the Suzuki Marauder 125?

Love the decals on the Hyosung Gv250 ;)

That Aquila 650 is one very nice looking bike. Have you done any sort of distance on it so far?
Maximus
Site Admin

jellywobbles

Re: My past and current bikes

Post by jellywobbles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 pm

The Jinny 125 was really nice. Ran out of puff at about 55mph, but was smooth & a nice ride. Very light. I think that you may be correct about using the same engine as the Marauder.

The GV650 has got loads of extras, including a custom Gel Seat. Very comfy - longest run I have done is about 200 miles. Really nice & comfortable riding position. The bike is long though @ 8 feet; weighs 36 stone so if you drop it (as I did once) its blumin hard to get the damn thing upright! Being belt driven its ultra smooth - all in all a really nice ride, and very quick. Puts out considerably more power (to the rear wheel) than a 1449cc Harley. A real fun bike and a real head turner!

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:20 pm

mmm...smooth is something Sasha's bike isn't. On the way back from picking it up the vibration above 50mph was so bad I had trouble keeping my feet on the foot boards!! Those useless silencers don't help of course as there is no back pressure in the exhaust system. It's also a single cylinder and I doubt there is anything in there to balance out the vibrations.

Definitely like the GV650. May be looking at one of those when we get Sasha through her test. I'm used to big heavy bikes so it's length and weight is not a problem for me :)
Maximus
Site Admin

dension

Post by dension » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

Jinlun is something of my choice, one of my friend have it. They are reliable and easy to handle as they are lighter in weight. One more thing is there which I would like to mention is, it never gets rust.

jellywobbles

Post by jellywobbles » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:45 am

dension wrote:Jinlun is something of my choice, one of my friend have it. They are reliable and easy to handle as they are lighter in weight. One more thing is there which I would like to mention is, it never gets rust.
Must be the 1st ever Jinny not to rust then. :lol: Mine did & every other one that my friends had did.

Apart from that, a good bike to start with, but sadly it WILL rust! :(

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 am

I think he knows that JW. Looks like an excuse to advertise in his sig. I feel a ban coming on!
Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Yep, replies to old posts, didn't notice the sig before on the other posts. J

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 pm

And....another one bites the dust :)

Have to keep an eye on them. Getting crafty these days.

Talking of bikes though, thinking about a Yamaha Varadero XL1000 now. Bit cheaper than a BMW 1200GS and I think would do the job just as well.
Maximus
Site Admin