FIRST RIDE THIS YEAR

Post your pics and info here

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

bob
Great Britain

FIRST RIDE THIS YEAR

Post by bob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:12 am

well with the weather as it is this at the moment, bob decides to get the bike out and take a trip, night before fills up with petrol £1:39.9 pg (how much) air in tyres and general check, up early in the morning (sat) and off I set for east wittering, get as far as the slip road to A34 (14miles approx) and bike stops, sounds and feels like the same problem I had in Spain last year, a few expletives were expressed, after 5 mins realise bobs going nowhere, call out AA and get put on the trailer back home. end of weekend away and bobs not a happy bunny, turns out it looks like a dodgy coil getting sorted today hopefully, bike has one more chance any more problems and its out of here, trouble is I really like this bike and to replace it is going to cost more than I want to spend. rant over :lol:

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: FIRST RIDE THIS YEAR

Post by maximus » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 am

Wow! Bad luck there Bob. Yeah and petrol prices are getting ridiculous even for a bike. What happened to the "fuel regulator" that I remember Cameron going on and on about when in opposition? He made a lot of noise about how he would introduce a system where fuel duty was reduced when oil prices were high. What a load of crap! But....I digress. How old is your bike Bob? Do you want to risk another long journey on it?

We went into London on the Triumph on Saturday. Bike was fine although I find it a bit of a handful at walking pace, mainly because of the forward riding position so all your weight is on your wrists and this is becomes more pronounced when your two up with panniers and top box. Also find it's a bit top heavy. Once you get moving though it's rock solid stable and handles perfectly, pulls like a train even two up :)

Got the Triumph up for sale at the moment. It's a great bike and I am really glad I got to own one but I need something with a lower center of gravity and preferably shaft drive. I will have to add money to what I get for the Triumph but that's the only way I'll get what I want. Hopefully, with the good weather, the low mileage of the bike and the 12 months MOT I just stuck on it, it won't take too long to sell :)
Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I thought you were still stuck in Spain! Sorry to hear the bike still has gremlins, though.

:(

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 pm

I suppose there are a lot worse places to get stuck :)

Just pondering on the merits of buying an old BMW K series. Seems they go on forever if maintained well but then Sasha probably won't appreciate the slab like styling :(
Maximus
Site Admin