DONATIONS ?

Talk about anything in here. Computers, Hardware, Software, Music, Mobile Phones etc

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

DONATIONS ?

Post by maximus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:54 pm

Some people suggested we have a donations link on the site so that people could contribute toward keeping this site up and running. Personally I am not confident this would actually be used. People often have good intentions but we all have bills to pay and there often is not much left over at the end of the month.

Anyway, it's there so if you want to throw a few quid into the pot it would be more than welcome.

It operates through Paypal only at the moment. But you can of course use your credit/debit card without having to register for a paypal account.

Once you have made a donation your user name will appear in the donations box.

Let's be very clear though. It doesn't matter how little or how much you donate. ALL donations are welcome be it one pound or fity pounds.

The meter is currently set at $100/£53 which is approx what it cost me to host and run this site per month. All payments will be shown as to 'The Graphics Company' which is my main business.

Lets see how it goes then. :)

Maximus
Site Admin

Quattroken
PcMacZone Member
PcMacZone Member

Donations

Post by Quattroken » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:29 pm

It's good to see the donations suggestion working, at least for this month, and I hope that it's given Maximus a bit of encouragement to try to keep going.

But......there are over 300 registered users on this forum and if even only 10% donate that would be around $3 per month to meet all running costs. A few more donating and a tenner each per year would run the forum - surely that's not much to ask to keep this excellent facility which Maximus provides for us.

(This is just my personal opinion and I'm not trying to offend anyone)

Cheers

Ken

toon
Veteran
Veteran
Great Britain

Post by toon » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:15 pm

i'm with you m8 - i have had untold goodies, bargains,help and not least of all support from all of the people on here overe the past few years. Count me in if it happens
gav
:D :D

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:17 pm

Thanks Ken. I'm quite impressed actually. I never thought people would really donate and yet we have actualy gone over the months target!

A BIG thanks to everyone who donated it's very much appreciated folks :)
Maximus
Site Admin

robbo
PcMacZone Member
PcMacZone Member
Great Britain

Post by robbo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:41 pm

Yeah, just noticed that we've have hit the top mark for donations and we're actually into the - side of it, well, ppl, nice, round of applause for everyone that donated, me included, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big_Al38

Donations

Post by Big_Al38 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:12 pm

Hello everyone. We're not all cheapskates North of the border :wink: so please accept my donation.
Top site S. Keep up the good work.

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:12 am

I'm amazed! Your stars the lot of you :)
A very big thanks to you all :)
Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:24 am

Well, you didn'y really think we would leave you a Tiny Tim type dinner at Christmas did you?

Lost the Scrooge feeling at the moment, so make the most of it.

Thanks for all the bargains / tips / tricks etc this year and your help with my website. This site (and it's earlier incarnations) has been the ONLY place to be.

ATB

Jeff