Photos

Talk about anything in here. Computers, Hardware, Software, Music, Mobile Phones etc

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Photos

Post by jthspace » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Real or Photoshopped?

http://amazinglytimedphotos.com/

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Photos

Post by maximus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Just well timed shots I would say. It's amazing what you can do with a photo just having a think before taking that shot. No special tricks, just right place right time :)

Talking of photo's. Contract is up on my Galaxy S3 in March and was thinking of going for a Nokia Lumia 1020 or 1520. No real need to lug a dedicated camera around anymore.

Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Agree for most shots, but a proper glass lens and a decent size will always win out.

I want a non smart phone that has hotspot facility, fits in my pocket and lasts a few days. Too much to ask?

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:31 pm

Only wins if you have the time to set it up though. Also it's not always convenient or indeed practical to carry a camera with a large lens. Have been down that road so many times. Sold my Lumix G3 as it was just a pain to carry around. Still got the Fuji HS30 but that sits in it's case.

Phone is just so much easier and with the larger sensors, higher pixel count and proper lenses starting to make an appearance it just all adds up to a perfect package for me. Not for everyone of course but for me :)
Maximus
Site Admin