Problems With WebhostUK

Recommend resellers, discuss problems etc. Anything to do with the web hosting business.

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

m8internet

Problems With WebhostUK

Post by m8internet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Well it has been just over a year, but recently even this host has turned into a nightmare
I found another reseller (on the same server) and we were having the same issues for the last few months
It all came to a head a few days ago, with all websites experiencing a HTTP Connection Refusal

Intially WebHostUK advised there was no error, but after 2 hours eventually conceded
That restored access to visits in browsers, but another error occured almost immediately
Sadly this same error has been very erratic since

Equally, the responses from WebHostUK have been very poor and not confirming nor discussing exactly what the issue is

Finally, I found that WebhostUK Limited had been served with notice by Companies House that they had not filed their Annual Accounts and procedures had now commenced for liquidation

As a result I have now completed a search for another provider
Do NOT use Webhost.uk.net
If you are currently using them, then you have about 3 weeks to download / transfer your data, after that there is a high risk the service may be terminated without notice and severe issues trying to obtain your data

Professional website hosting
m8internet.com

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Moved away from Heart Internet, alternatives

Post by maximus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the situation with WebhostUK. Sounds like a real nightmare! Hopefully people will have all their sites backed up before someone pulls the plug. Will leave the category open until the end of the day in case anyone else wants to say anything and then I'll delete it.
Maximus
Site Admin

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Problems With WebhostUK

Post by maximus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 am

I split this post off from the original thread in case anyone want's to add their 2cents. Not sure what the situation with WebhostUK is at the moment so if anyone knows please post the info here.
Maximus
Site Admin