You Hosting

Recommend resellers, discuss problems etc. Anything to do with the web hosting business.

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

Dexxa
Great Britain

You Hosting

Post by Dexxa » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm going to have a rant

So i got sick of tired of these so called hosts screwing my sites up always being down

Thought i'd move to http://www.youhosting.com/ as heard some good stuff about them. well that's what i was lead to beleive, so i signed up, till i find then my website has been suspended for to many views in a day :roll: and the support is lets just say useless, Submitted a ticket hours later no reply, so jumped onto the live chat, to find the staff wasn't very help full at all, Quite rude, the reply i got was "yea saw the ticket" then a few hours later, bang a reply to my ticket! Once you create a clients account, with all the clients details you cant delete them, They don't allow it,

So i stepped up and went my own way and started my own service, Now i can provide my own servers, resellers the lot on my own.

If anyone's thinking of joining http://www.youhosting.com/ i wouldn't. Was using them for a movie wordpress site, But I've moved to my own servers,

youhosting servers are good, but support it poor.

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: You Hosting

Post by maximus » Tue May 01, 2012 9:44 am

Sounds like they were a reseller selling reseller services and running out of resources. Probably over selling and promising the earth. Better to pay a little more and go with a more dependable provider.
Maximus
Site Admin

Dexxa
Great Britain

Post by Dexxa » Tue May 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Most probably.

I now pay a fair amount for the services i use now as i provide shoutcast and game servers.

Is there any way to get the host to remove our client details off them as they wont do it.

My site is done, what do you think? www.rsnuk.co.uk problem is thehostingtool only allows one account per person,

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Well right now your site is just giving a fatal error message so perhaps you want to look into that?

As to getting your clients details removed I would have thought they were deleted anyway. This seems to be normal for youhost. Honestly they are a travisty of a hosting service and I would recommend people stay as far away as possible!
Maximus
Site Admin

m8internet

Post by m8internet » Tue May 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Dexxa wrote:Is there any way to get the host to remove our client details off them as they wont do it
Surely the host will need your client details, in order to contact you...

If you mean the Domain Name, it is currently listed as a Sole Trader without a business name (rather unusual)
If you are non-trading, then resubmit the request to opt-out of WHOIS, or login to your Nominet account and update your details
Professional website hosting
m8internet.com

Dexxa
Great Britain

Post by Dexxa » Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Im custom designing my own website, as the cpanel game server panel wasent seem to be doing a good job

going to be using another one when i can connect to my windows servers via remote desktop

Dexxa
Great Britain

Post by Dexxa » Wed May 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I've submitted my business name to the nominent, just waiting for them to accept it

Dexxa
Great Britain

Post by Dexxa » Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Domain name:
rsnuk.co.uk

Registrant:
Jamie Glossop

Trading as:
RSNUK

Registrant type:
UK Sole Trader

Just added trading as does that seem ok now?

m8internet

Post by m8internet » Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Yes that is the way they are supposed to look, when the details are entered correctly
All too often I find WHOIS entries that are incorrect or opt-out has applied incorrectly
I used to report the extreme cases to Nominet and they would correct them, but they don't any more and just refer the entry back to the registrant without any further action
Professional website hosting
m8internet.com

johnfraser

Post by johnfraser » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:23 am

When you buy reseller services then sometime you face such problems during website hosting.
Last edited by jthspace on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR SITES without contacting the Admin first