First "building" windows 8 video posted to youtube

Support for Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 issues.

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

Wodger
Veteran
Veteran

First "building" windows 8 video posted to youtube

Post by Wodger » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Gents,

Haven't had alot of time lately to web surf, but Microsoft have posted a sneek peak into windows 8 online at youtube...

I don't know about you, but I am liking the ideas coming from this - I would say aimed at the person who is daunted by the operating system desktop and wants simple push button to activate.

How about you?

Pete

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Re: First "building" windows 8 video posted to youtube

Post by jthspace » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Yep, but is it making it a bit too like a mobile phone? Hwever, it will make a PC much more a piece of home technology than a laptop or PC is at the moment. However, I expect that the price of a piece of kit to run it like the demo will not be cheap - an all-in-one PC / laptop, touch screen, oodles of memory and processing power. I can hear the manufacturers rubbing their hands already!

I have just got my ipad, iphone, Apple TV all working together, sharing libraries, music, movies etc. If microsoft can do the same then they are on a winner, but it will have to be easy to set up, not like we have come to expect in the past from MS.

Jeff

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: First "building" windows 8 video posted to youtube

Post by maximus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am

Yeah it REALLY has to be plug and play. If it's not easy enough for someone with no computer experience to get working in a matter of minutes then it's a waste of time. I'm already fed up with the way Windows 7 handles the streaming of media. I add something to the library and it will sometimes appear straight away or doesn't appear for 24 hours. What's that all about? damned annoying to say the least.

Other thing of course is expecting people to go and spend not inconsiderable amounts of money on new kit when there's not that much money about at the moment and probably for the foreseeable future.
Maximus
Site Admin