Windows 8 Beta July/September?

Support for Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 issues.

Moderators: bob, jthspace, maximus

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Windows 8 Beta July/September?

Post by maximus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 am

Seems there's going to be a Windows 8 beta fairly soon, possibly July but more likely toward the end of the year. The RTM may be in April 2012 and beta's typically have a shelf life of around 6 months so if that release date is correct the beta should be doing the rounds sometime around November. From what I have seen so far though, I'm not entirely sure it will be worth the wait.

Maximus
Site Admin

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Re: Windows 8 Beta July/September?

Post by jthspace » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 am

I really hope they look at this opportunity to release a "finished" product - not one where they release it and then announce a service pack within weeks. My old IBM R50 with XP is really stable - O.K. not the fastest beast but for word, excel, internet, video and watching TV over the internet, it just does it's job. When I had Win 7 on it, there was nothing but issues.

Come on, Microsoft, win back our respect!

J

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Windows 8 Beta July/September?

Post by maximus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:59 am

I agree, they need to release a very polished and finished product but I doubt that will happen, it never has in the past and at the moment I sense they are rushing it in order just to come out with something new. It will take a lot to make me switch from using the MAC as my main computer and right now I really don't think Microsoft can do it.
Maximus
Site Admin