ght-hander Phil Hughes to Monda

If your new to the site why not drop in here and say hello!

Moderators: bob, jthspace

lw789
Bangladesh

ght-hander Phil Hughes to Monda

Post by lw789 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 am

MONACO -- Canadian Milos Raonic is out at the Monte Carlo Masters. The hard-serving native of Thornhill, Ont., was limited to just six aces in a 7-6 (5), 6-2 quarter-final loss to third-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka on Friday. Raonic, seeded eighth, was playing his first clay quarter-final at the Masters 1000 level but struggled with consistency against his Swiss opponent, the reigning Australian Open winner. Raonic, 23, is currently ranked No. 10 on the ATP but has lost all three head-to-head matches against Wawrinka. The previous two were hardcourt contests in 2012 and 2013. Raonic played well in an opening set that lasted nearly an hour before getting into trouble in the tiebreaker. He held leads of 3-0 and 5-3 but mental lapses allowed Wawrinka to rally for the victory. Raonic stormed out to a 40-0 lead to start the second set but again Wawrinka rallied to earn the break and take the early lead. "Stan found a rhythm and played more free," said Raonic. "On the key points, he was really going for his shots. He overtook me and started dictating. "But Ive done something Ive never done before (reach quarter-finals on clay at Masters level), so its still very positive for me." Raonic was broken in the seventh game to trail 5-2 before Wawrinka cemented the win a game later. "I was really focused on my serve to be really aggressive from the first shot, to make him move, to make him work every ball," Wawrinka said. "I just feel strong from the baseline. I feel good physically. "I know that on clay courts, if I play my best tennis, I can beat those guys." Raonic will try to regroup as the French Open draws closer but found solace with his accomplishment in this clay event. "I have to be happy with things if I look at the big picture," he said. "Of course I wish I would have done better, but after one week on clay Im playing well. "I had expected to work through the weeks up to Paris, getting better as I go along. Thats still the goal. I need to get better on the clay, spend more time on it and do all the clay-specific fitness. This week does give me confidence though." In doubles action, Torontos Daniel Nestor and Serbian Nenad Zimonjic, who won this event in 09 and 10, face Monacos Romain Arneodo and Benjamin Balleret in quarter-final action. In other singles play, Rafael Nadal lost his quarter-final match to Spanish compatriot David Ferrer 7-6 (1), 6-4. Its Nadals earliest exit at the Monte Carlo Masters in 11 years. While he beat Nadal just last year, Ferrer hadnt defeated Nadal on clay since 2004. A day after becoming the 11th man in the Open era to reach 300 wins on clay, Nadal committed 44 unforced errors and was broken four times. Ferrer lost his own serve three times in the match that lasted over two hours. Nadal won eight consecutive Monte Carlo titles from 2005-12 before he lost last years final to Novak Djokovic. Ferrer will face Wawrinka in semifinal action. "I know I am supposed to be among the favourites, but every time I play a match I am in the state of mind of a challenger who is trying to win an additional match," said Wawrinka. Swiss star Roger Federer advanced with a 2-6, 7-6 (6), 6-1 win against No. 9 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France. Federer was two points from defeat at 0-30 serving at 6-5 down in the second set. Federer, who improved to 11-4 against Tsonga, wasted 15 straight break points and three set points in the second set But at 6-6 in the tiebreaker, Tsonga hit a wild forehand into the net and Federer tied the match with a volley winner. After finally breaking Tsonga at the 16th try, Federer clenched his fist in relief. He broke him again with a forehand winner down the line and held for 5-0. "It was just many things went wrong at the wrong time for me: Jo playing well, me playing wrong at certain times, wrong shot selections," Federer said. "Im happy I found the way to tough it out." Tsonga said the changing conditions in the late afternoon as the match went into a third set suited Federers style of play more. "I dont think it was that much of a change. I dont think there was any wind change or any crazy, like, quickness change," Federer said. "We played in those conditions a million of times." Djokovic set up a 34th career meeting against Federer, a 17-time Grand Slam champion, by downing unseeded Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 4-6, 6-3, 6-1. "I started very poorly. Garcia-Lopez played well and I had to work for this win," Djokovic said. "I finally started to play as I wanted in the second set." Federer leads Djokovic 17-16 in head-to-head matches and they are 1-1 this year. Federer won in the Dubai Championship semifinals while Djokovic emerged victorious in their showdown in the final at Indian Wells. The Serb was close to losing against Garcia-Lopez, saving a break point in the fifth game of the second set and two more when trailing 15-40 in his next service game. Djokovic then made a crucial break to take a 5-3 lead, served out the set, and then broke Garcia-Lopez twice at the start of the third. Terrance Williams Jersey . Bryant underwent an operation in December to correct an irregular heartbeat. His season ended with four games left because of a rapid heartbeat, a condition he has known about for several years and had been treated for in the past. Chris Jones Jersey . - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/ ... -jersey/.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills will head into the regular season short on experience at quarterback after trimming the roster on Friday. Chuck Howley Jersey .J. Ellis hit an RBI single in the ninth inning, Hanley Ramirez hit a tape-measure, three-run homer in the first against Cliff Lee and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-3 on Saturday night. Lael Collins Jersey .J. - Several people have collapsed in an overcrowded New Jersey train station while waiting in long lines to get to the Super Bowl.NEW YORK -- In a jarring seven-pitch sequence in the fifth inning, the rejuvenated New York Yankees showed just how dangerous an opponent they could be during the stretch run. Ichiro Suzuki hit a two-run homer and Robinson Cano singled in two runs during a five-run fifth that helped the Yankees pick up an ineffective CC Sabathia and beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-5 Friday night. "If I could keep these guys in the game we got a good chance of winning," Sabathia said. "I was barely hanging on there but these guys come up with a bunch of runs." And quickly. Trailing by two runs in the fifth against Miguel Gonzalez, Curtis Granderson led off with a double on the fourth pitch of the inning. Two pitches later, Mark Reynolds doubled to left-centre field. Then on Gonzalezs next offering, Suzuki knocked a fastball into the seats in right-centre for a 5-4 lead, and New York never trailed again. By adding Alfonso Soriano and getting back Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter, manager Joe Girardi can bat Granderson sixth and Reynolds, another slugging newcomer, seventh in a suddenly-potent Yankees lineup. "We feel our lineup is a lot deeper," Girardi said. "It definitely helped." Soriano connected for a two-run shot in the fourth off Gonzalez (8-7), and Rodriguez had an RBI single in the seventh inning of a late August game that felt more like October. In a playoff-race twist, Reynolds had three hits, including an RBI double when the Yankees batted around in the fifth. Last year he helped Baltimore reach its first post-season since 1997 with seven homers and 11 RBIs in seven games against New York beginning on Aug. 31. An August pickup by New York from Cleveland this season, Reynolds was right in the mix as the Yankees gained ground in the wild-card race. They began the day 1 1/2 games behind the Orioles, who trailed Oakland by 3 1/2 for the second AL wild card. "It makes it fun," Reynolds said. "I have so many good friends over there. Last year we wanted nothing more than to kick these guys tails, now I want nothing more than to beat them." Sabathia (12-11) lasted just 5 2-3 innings and yielded five runs and seven hits. In his last eight games, he has a 7.39 ERA. Girardi then relied on the majors best bullpen since Aug. 16 (1.14 ERA) to hold off Baltimore. Shawn Kelley, Boone Logan and David Robertson, who got four outs, paved the way for Mariano Rivera. Robertson got more than three outs for the second time this week and for the third time all year. Rivera was perfect in the ninth for his 39th save. "Right now its getting tight. We need to win every opportunity wwe can.ddddddddddddI was prepared to come in the seventh inning," said Robertson, the Yankees primary setup man. Gonzalez, making his first start since Aug. 20, is winless in his last six decisions as a starter. Coming in, though, he had a 2.20 ERA over five starts in the Bronx. "It wasnt just Miguel tonight," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "He pitched as well as youd want but couldnt get over the hump." Both starters were locked in early. Sabathia retired his first 10 batters and Gonzalez 10 of 11, allowing only a walk in the third -- erased on a double play. But it turned ugly quickly. After Sabathia struck out Nate McLouth to open the fourth, Manny Machado laced an opposite-field liner that bounced over the wall in foul territory in right field for his 46th double. He advanced on a wild pitch and scored on Chris Davis single. Gonzalez got two quick outs in the bottom half before walking Cano. Soriano then hit his 11th homer in 27 August games to put New York up 2-1. "Hes playing like an MVP, when you look at the month of August," Girardi said. "Hes been a complete player for us." Nick Markakis led off the fifth with a single and Danny Valencia sent a drive into the Orioles bullpen in left-centre for a 3-2 lead and his sixth home run. Alexi Casilla walked, stole second and was sacrificed to third by Taylor Teagarden. One out later, Machado drove in Casilla with a single. In the bottom half, after Suzuki homered to right-centre to end a homerless drought of 131 at-bats, Austin Romine kept it going with a double to right field. Brett Gardner singled and Jeter walked to load the bases and chase Gonzalez. Cano, who missed a game after being hit on the hand by a pitch Tuesday, singled in two more runs for a 7-4 lead. Gonzalez allowed six hits and seven runs. He walked three. "I left the ball up and theyre a good team, and they take anything you give and try and score runs," Gonzalez said. "Its tough for a pitcher to lose a lead twice -- we could have won it but I let them down. I have to go deeper and minimize the big inning." NOTES: For the first time this season, 3B Rodriguez and SS Jeter were the starting duo on the left side of the infield at Yankee Stadium. ... The Yankees will push back struggling right-hander Phil Hughes to Monday and start LHP Andy Pettitte on Sunday in the finale against the Orioles. ... Baltimore acquired OF-1B Mike Morse from Seattle for outfield prospect Xavier Avery. A .284 career hitter, Morse slumped to .226 with 13 homers and 27 RBIs in 76 games in his return to Seattle after four years with Washington. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '